httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: AW: restructuring mod_ssl as an overlay
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:31:15 GMT
On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 08:16:48AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> The group of people who concern me are not those in T-8, they are those who
> live in jurisdictions where *they* would be breaking local law by possessing
> crypto.  Leave them a) in the backwaters / b) in fear / c) in violation, or
> give them a silly httpd-2.2.x-no-ssl.tar.gz?  The later seems sane to me.

The personal liabilites of users are not our concern. That's strictly a
matter for users and their legal counsel. What's next, do we start
stripping patented methods from our tarball and making that available
too?

If the no-ssl tarballs are to be of any use it is in aiding the ASF in
presenting a reasonable best-effort defence in relation to US export
controls.