httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AW: restructuring mod_ssl as an overlay
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:48:56 GMT
On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 07:00:29AM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> Plüm wrote:
> >>Von: Joe Orton

> >>This gets my vote.
>
> To prevent x number of people in the world from having a public discourse
> via the web?  We are discussing people, software users, not governments.

I can't see how changing the documentation to comply with US export
regulations will have any such effect.

If you think there is some group of users who want to be able to
download the "crypto"-enabled httpd tarballs in $BANNEDCOUNTRY but
refuse to do so because they don't want to violate US export
regulations, then maybe that should be addressed separately.  I can't
see that this would be anything other than a nightmare to attempt: would
the SSL support have to be patched out of ab?  What about the SSL use in
the LDAP code?

Regards,

joe