httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: restructuring mod_ssl as an overlay
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:01:12 GMT
Thanks for doing the research, Roy.

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 02:03:33PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Okay, let me put it in a different way.  The alternatives are
>
>  1) retain the status quo, forbid distributing ssl binaries, and
> include in our documentation that people in banned countries are not
> allowed to download httpd 2.x.

This gets my vote.  I don't see why it's necessary for the ASF to be in
the business of distributing binaries; letting other people assume the
technical and legal responsibilites for doing that seems reasonable.

The documentation work necessary would be greater if mod_ssl is split
into a separate package, and having mod_ssl in the tree is one of the
compelling features of 2.x anyway.

Regards,

joe