httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: writing 2.x module thaty makes SSL connection
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:23:42 GMT
On Mon, June 12, 2006 5:14 pm, Lai Yiu Fai wrote:

> How can an external module make use of mod_proxy_http to request the
> document?

You create a subrequest to fire off the document request. mod_include uses
this technique to include one URL inside another URL. It fires off a
subrequest, which it then includes in the response.

mod_include doesn't care how that subrequest gets called, all it says is
"get me this URL", which in your case would be
https://some-server/some-doc.xml".

> I can't locate any export functions by mod_proxy_http.  I am a novice
> module
> writer and could you show how the module structure looks like to make use
> of mod_proxy_http.

The best way of getting to grips with this stuff is by looking at examples
in the httpd code itself. Look at how mod_include does it, as it already
does something very similar to what you are trying to do.

Regards,
Graham