httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <>
Subject Re: changing request priority in Apache2.2
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 13:28:33 GMT
On 5/10/06, Tiago Semprebom <> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm developing a new handler module in apache, in this module I need to do
> some changes in the incoming requests, like change the request priority, for
> example: I need to intercept the request and in some away to change or set a
> priority to change the service priority of this request so that when this
> request is attended by the content generator (when this request is going to
> be attended by a thread/process of the server) this request is attended in
> accordance with his priority.

Tiago, you've asked this same question (with slight variations)
several times on the users list.  At least once you got some
interesting responses, but never followed up.  Posting the question
again to a forum where it is not on topic is not a good way to
proceed.  So I suggest:

1. Following up on users@httpd to the responses you got.

2. Try the modules developers list where this would be on topic:

In either case, you're going to need to provide alot more detail about
what you are trying to do and why.  For example, what is the "content
generator" and on what basis do you want to set the priority.

View raw message