httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Edmundsson <>
Subject apr_brigade_insert_file() LFS/Linux issues
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 12:39:33 GMT

Hi all!

I've run into apr_brigade_insert_file() creating brigades that's not
possible to sendfile() (EINVAL), this is with httpd-2.2.2 on Ubuntu
Breezy Linux amd64 (64bit). The file in question is 4.3GB, and it
seems that sendfile() doesn't cope with that.

Has anyone else seen this?

Quick testing without apr involved shows that by just including
sys/sendfile.h without any defines I get the old sendfile, if I define
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 sendfile gets redefined as sendfile64...

I somehow assumed that you would get LFS-stuff by default on a 64bit
platform, but it doesn't seem to be that simple ;)

/Nikke - slightly confused
  Niklas Edmundsson, Admin @ {acc,hpc2n}      |
  "This station is now the ultimate power in the universe." - Admiral Motti

View raw message