httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Possible new cache architecture
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 10:36:42 GMT
On Tue, May 2, 2006 12:16 pm, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF EITO said:

>> This is great, in doing this you've been solving a proxy bug that was
>> first reported in 1998 :).
>
> This already works in the case you get the data from the proxy backend. It
> does
> not work for local files that get cached (the scenario Niklas uses the
> cache
> for).

Ok then I have misunderstood - I was referring to the thundering herd
problem.

> The reason it does not work currently is that that a local file
> usually is
> delivered in one brigade with, depending on the size of the file, one or
> more
> file buckets.

Hmmm - ok, this makes sense.

Something I've never checked for, do output filters support asynchronous
writes?

If they did, this might solve this problem - the write request would
return immediately, allowing the read from file and write to cached file
to continue while the write to network blocked.

Regards,
Graham