httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Generic cache architecture
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 22:35:08 GMT
On 5/3/06, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> However, I see no reason to start by changing the existing
> module names and assuming that one cache fits all.

For simplicity sake, I agree.  Let's call this new thing
mod_cache_generic or mod_frobit.  However, let's not touch mod_cache
and friends for now.

We can rearrange things later if this new "architecture" actually has
any benefits.  I am concerned that overgeneralization is going to make
things slower.  So, I'd prefer to see us remove code rather than add;
but to also do it in parallel.  So, I'd like to defer touching
mod_cache until we know we have something that is concretely better.
-- justin