httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Generic cache architecture
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 21:27:39 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>
>> Please keep in mind that some of us are dependent on commercial httpd
>> modules,
>> whether we like it or not.
>> If the major upgrades happen in cyles shorter than a year I guess it is
>> hard to get the commercial vendors to provide them. Not everybody is that
>> innovative and fast as the ASF :-).
>
> +1.

-0.  You forget that we were frequently breaking the API way-way-back-when,
and the good vendors kept up, and the lousy ones didn't.

Moreso, we need more third party authors to -participate- in telling us what
in HTTPD-2.4 will make their module better.  And a faster cycle of 6mos-1yr
gives them a chance to do this and realize the benefits in the official
release more quickly.

Note that 2.2 will be a year old by December, so even if this concerns you,
we are already half way there.

Bill