httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Generic cache architecture
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 21:21:49 GMT
Gonzalo Arana wrote:
> On 5/3/06, Brian Akins <brian.akins@turner.com> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else interested in having a generic cache architecture?  (not
>> http).  I have plenty of cases were I re-invent the wheel for caching
>> various things (IP's, sessions, whatever, etc.).  It would be nice to
>> have a provider based architecture for such things.
>
> I am. How about adding it to apr?

1. this isn't the dev@apr list, so your inquiry is 1/2 off topic

2. apr isn't a dumping ground

3. however... to the extent that this really portably solves the backend
    storage problem through an array of different providers, that well fits
    into apr-util's mission.  A *vanilla* data store.  The caching mechanics
    of request bodies will always belong in httpd.