httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <brian.ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: Possible new cache architecture
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 20:28:25 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> That is a heck of a lot easier than convincing everyone to dump
> the current code based on an untested theory.

I think the idea may be a lot more tested than you think.  Most things I
"suggest" have had an incubation period somewhere...

I'm fine with not screwing with current mod_cache.  I just think it
should be either: renamed or made generic.  We may or may not need a
generic mod_backend_cache.  I have posted a "psuedo-implementation" that
got lost in the latest thread bloat.  I can repost if anyone is interested.

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer