httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <brian.ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: Possible new cache architecture
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 13:46:00 GMT
Davi Arnaut wrote:
> This way it would be possible for one cache to act as a cache of another
> cache provider, mod_mem_cache would work as a small/fast MRU cache for
> mod_disk_cache.

Slightly off subject, but in my testing, mod_disk_cache is much faster
than mod_mem_cache.  Thanks to sendifle!

I was thinking about scenarios were each cache had there local cache
(disk, mem, whatever) with memcache behind it.  That way each "object"
only has to be generated once for the entire "farm."  This would be an
easy way to have a distributed cache.

Also, the squid type htcp (or icp) could be a failback for the local
cache as well without mucking up all the proxy and cache code.

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer