httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r407357 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/cache/cache_storage.c
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 14:49:02 GMT
On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 12:31:00PM +0200, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> On 05/18/2006 10:50 AM, Joe Orton wrote:
> > cache_storage.c: In function `cache_generate_key_default':
> > cache_storage.c:383: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target
type

> Fixed in r408154. Thanks.

Great, thanks.  In reply to your other questions: "casts are bad" :),
and I don't think that performance is a good excuse for randomly
manually inlining functions either (sometimes overall performance is
improved by reducing executable size since more code can then be cached
in any case).  You could already pick cycle-counting holes in the
inlined code too; e.g. use of pcalloc is redundant since only the NUL
terminator is preserved.

Regards,

joe