httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Davi Arnaut <d...@haxent.com.br>
Subject Re: Possible new cache architecture
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 13:31:57 GMT
On Mon, 01 May 2006 09:02:31 -0400
Brian Akins <brian.akins@turner.com> wrote:

> Here is a scenario.  We will assume a cache "hit."

I think the usage scenario is clear. Moving on, I would like to able to stack
up the cache providers (like the apache filter chain). Basically, mod_cache
will expose the functions:

	add(key, value, expiration, flag)
	get(key)
	remove(key)

mod_cache will then pass the request (add/get or remove) down the chain,
similar to apache filter chain. ie:

apr_status_t mem_cache_get_filter(ap_cache_filter_t *f,
                                  apr_bucket_brigade *bb, ...);

apr_status_t disk_cache_get_filter(ap_cache_filter_t *f,
                                   apr_bucket_brigade *bb, ...);

This way it would be possible for one cache to act as a cache of another
cache provider, mod_mem_cache would work as a small/fast MRU cache for
mod_disk_cache.

--
Davi Arnaut