httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Parin Shah" <>
Subject Re: Possible new cache architecture
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:15:41 GMT
> Brian Akins wrote:
> Some functions a provider should provide:
> init(args...) - initialize an instance :)
> open(instance, key) - open a cache object
> read_buffer(object, buffer, copy) - read entire object into buffer.
> buffer may be read only (ie, it may be mmapped or part of sql statement)
> or make it a copy.
> read_bb(object, brigade, copy) - read object into a brigade. copy if
> flag is set
> store_bb(object, brigade) - store a bucket brigade
> store_buffer(object, buffer) - store a blob of data
> close(object)
> Thoughts?  I'm sure we may need more/better cache provider functions.

it would be helpful if provider can notify the mod_cache (using some
sort of call back function ) when it is removing an object from its
cache. So that mod_cache can take a look at the object being removed
and decide to push it to the next-less-resource-critical provider. So
if mem_cache_provider decides to remove the lru object, mod_cache can
push it to disk_cache_provider.

View raw message