httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Parin Shah" <parin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: It's that time of the year again
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:35:50 GMT
Plüm, Rüdiger,  wrote:
> I guess one of the reasons why mod_cache_requestor did not take off was its
> dependency on an external http client library. So what about creating
> a http client library and adding it to apr-util / creating apr-http-client
> as a SoC project?
>
> The httpd proxy code would also benefit from such a library as the current
> way of doing http requests via fake connection and request records has some
> drawbacks.

I have been spending some time to remove the libcurl dependency by
creating fake connection and requests. I didn't know we already have
such functionality in proxy. Can you tell me where is that code to
create fake connections/requests. I can use that code instead of
libcurl for mod_cache_requestor. having permanent solution of
apr-http-client would be even better. But we can use fake
connection/requests until we have a permanent solutions.