httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: httpd size grows on restart with mod_php enabled
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 13:16:28 GMT
On 4/5/06, pradeep kumar <pradeep.smani@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I see httpd grows in size on every restart/graceful restart with PHP(4 or
> 5) enabled. But this doesn't happen when I do a stop and start. Also this
> problem is seen only when mod_php is enabled. Is this a know problem with
> PHP or Apache?

Take out PHP, leave everything else the same, and try again.

I would expect:
* very very small growth with just Apache-distributed modules (i.e.,
you'd have to restart hundreds of times before the growth would cause
real operational problems
* no core Apache problems which lead to unavoidable memory growth
problems in third-party modules