httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bjørn Stabell <bj...@exoweb.net>
Subject mod_proxy_balancer connection pool limitation problem
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2006 14:46:09 GMT

Hi,

I'm suspecting a bug, but posting here first to make sure.

I've got a backend server running at machine X (192.168.0.242) and
Apache running at machine Y, and I'd like to restrict the number of
connections Apache makes to the backend server, but so far without
any luck.

	<VirtualHost *:80>
         	ProxyPass       /zope   http://192.168.0.242:7680/
max=2 timeout=1 acquire=1 ttl=1
	</VirtualHost>

I'm using mpm-worker, both machines are Linux machines.

I thought Apache would make no more than 2 connections to the backend
server, but lsof on the backend server shows something else:

	# lsof -i :7680 | wc -l
	121

Any ideas?

Rgds,