httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.0.57 candidate
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 01:35:19 GMT
On Apr 21, 2006, at 10:39 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> -1 to adopting Jackrabbits' license until Roy's (very reasonable)
> nit on the
> language is addressed.  -1 to removing copyright until we have an
> absolute,
> documented policy from ASF legal.  I'm glad you and Roy feel
> entirely assured
> that you speak for legal/privy to its workings and, of course, its
> final
> conclusions.  For the sanity of all the rest of us project members,
> let us
> please work from documented policy though, can we?  And feh - let's
> just
> have done with this tarball release and revisit once policy is *set*.

FTR, we are not going to vote on legal policy.  The board will vote,
if anyone.  Legal policies are not a PMC thing.  I implement them as
needed or directed by the board.

I don't really care about the nit (it is present in the existing
header text).  It is just something I noticed while implementing
the changes for Jackrabbit.

> I don't concur with Colm, the tarball is the release and changing
> the legal
> text is more significant, perhaps, than even the code itself.  So
> it's yet
> another bump that strikes me as silly.

*shrug*  version numbers are cheap.  I thought we only required them
to change if the compiled bits would change or if the release was
already announced.

....Roy