httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Email address on mail archive (fwd)
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:30:01 GMT
> As I said, I'd love to agree with you.  But why don't you try asking
> 100 random subscribers to our users lists or 100 random bug submitters
> whether they think it is obvious that their email address will be made
> public.  A couple years ago, they might have agreed.  Now, I'd guess
> the majority wouldn't think that is obvious at all.

Welcome to the big bad Internet.  Not everyone is nice.  It's a
valuable lesson to learn.

We can do all of the obfuscation we want in mod_mbox, but spambots
*do* just subscribe to the lists.  (We see them in the subscriber
lists.)  So, we can't obfuscate those addresses in the emails everyone
receives.  -- justin