httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.0.57 candidate
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:32:28 GMT
On 4/21/06, Colm MacCarthaigh <colm@stdlib.net> wrote:
> We know that now, but those commits went through before it became so
> clear that our previous practise was so wrong.

The entire email exchange happened while the US West Coasters were
asleep.  I sent an email saying, "Don't do that" as soon as I saw the
thread the next morning.  But, the commits had already been made by
then based on false conceptions about what our practice was.

> > Let's just add Jackrabbit's disclaimer and be done with the whole year
> > thing forever.  The best thing of course would be to not have done
> > anything at all (<g>); but that train left the station when all of
> > those commits got made prematurely...
>
> o.k., I think we can change the notice without a version bump too and
> without erasing the existing votes, since it's a non-code change, but
> we should probably have a clear vote on changing the notice, I'll start
> one now :)

We should probably do a version bump, but at a minimum, the votes do go away.

*shrug*  -- justin