httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.2.2 Candidate
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 06:32:50 GMT
Andrew Shugg wrote:
> Andrew Shugg said:
>
>>Paul Querna said:
>>
>>>Please test and vote on releasing httpd 2.2.2, bundling APR and
>>>APR-Util 1.2.7.
>>
>>There's no way to build Apache for Win32 without Microsoft's Visual C++
>>product, is there?
>

> ... it's alright, I've just found out that Microsoft have released the
> "Express" (cut-down) editions of the Visual Studio 2005 products for
> free.  Now to find out if Apache 2.2.2 builds under Visual C++ 2005
> Express Edition.  =)

Note for certain 'Express' is just that, expressly without the win32 api,
includes and libs :)  Obtain the Windows Platform SDK while you are installing
express.  (PSDK is not the MSDN component you can choose - that component is
various help, docs and examples.)

Our goal is that 2.2 should just work.  It almost/mostly does.  2.0 apache
may or may not be revisited.

win32-src.zip files are available shortly (including iconv) for 2.0/2.2 from the

   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

test distribution download site.

Bill