httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <brian.ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: AW: It's that time of the year again
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:09:59 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
>  > I guess one of the reasons why mod_cache_requestor did not take off
> was its
>  > dependency on an external http client library. So what about creating
>  > a http client library and adding it to apr-util / creating
> apr-http-client
>
> *cough* serf *cough*
>
> http://svn.webdav.org/repos/projects/serf/trunk

Curl is a wonderfully complete and functional http (and other) client
with a very good API. (Yes, I have participated in libcurl a little bit).

We actually wrote a proxy that uses libcurl as the http client.  We used
it until 2.2.0 came out.  Then again after we found all the mod_proxy
bugs...

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer