httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Fosdick <b...@bfoz.net>
Subject Re: Large file support in 2.0.56?
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:38:27 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> I haven't tried files that size, but that's far too small for LARGE_FILE to
> be relevant.  I guess you knew that already, so does something else
> lead you to suppose you're hitting an Apache limit?

It does seem like a rather small and arbitrary limit. I can't think of what else besides apache
would cause it, but I could be missing something. The files are being dumped into mysql in
64K blocks. The machine is an amd64, so that shouldn't be a problem, and 700MB isn't near
2 or 4 GB anyway. Uploading from a cable modem doesn't go anywhere near saturating the disk,
cpu, or network. I've tried OSX, Win2k and WinXP, all with the same result. I'm running out
of things to check. Any suggestions? I guess it could be a limit in mod_dav itself. I'm afraid
to go there...it looks messy.

> Regarding your custom AAA module, it should be possible to use that
> in 2.2.  If you don't want to port it, you can fall back to the 2.0
> architecture.  At worst you may have to use 2.0 mod_auth and/or
> mod_access alongside your module.

Ah, that I didn't know. Thanks.