httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mod_arm4 status
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:09:53 GMT
Henri Gomez wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm looking for mod_arm4 for Apache 2.0.x and 2.2.x.
>
> Where could I find the latest uptodate source to be able to compile it ?
>
> Also did there is plan to include it in future binaries ?

It requires the arm libraries themselves, IIUC, which makes it a bit tricky.
We obviously want folks to be able to use it, but not to require non-users
to install that lib.

I'm actually a little concerned; we've spent alot of time talking about Roy's
personal pet peves - and this one hasn't come up on that radar.  But AFAIK,
there's never been a release of the module, it can't be located at
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/ - and it's time to have a source release,
or archive the svn repository.  So to have it in httpd's svn and call it ASF
httpd project's code - if it will never be released - is a real issue.

FirstBill, could you prepare a candidate to vote on, and distribute from
/dist/httpd/mod_arm/ for those interested in the feature?  If the users who
build and adopt it provide us some feedback, perhaps then it's worth looking
at integrating into the core!

Bill