httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r393037 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/protocol.c
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:05:41 GMT
Davi Arnaut wrote:
> It is legal. And Nick is right, that should be fixed in apr_uri. I will
> send a patch tomorrow.

Once again, you describe the http: scheme.  Let's be careful about our
assumptions, and ensure we don't further constrain apr_uri to the http
behavior :)  I'm all for apr_uri 'doing the right thing'.

We may *also* want to fix (on 2.2) the ap_fn - because we do *not* insist
on any particular apr (other than apr 1.2.0 and later).  But fixing in apr
would ensure we need not leave such a patch on trunk/, because we can then
insist on apr 1.3 and later for httpd 2.3/2.4.

View raw message