httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_balancer connection pool limitation problem
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2006 14:54:11 GMT

On 04/02/2006 04:46 PM, Bjørn Stabell wrote:

>     <VirtualHost *:80>
>             ProxyPass       /zope   http://192.168.0.242:7680/
> max=2 timeout=1 acquire=1 ttl=1
>     </VirtualHost>
>
> I'm using mpm-worker, both machines are Linux machines.
>
> I thought Apache would make no more than 2 connections to the backend
> server, but lsof on the backend server shows something else:

The cache limit is per httpd process. How many httpd processes are running?
What mpm are you using?
Can you check if there are really more than 2 connections per httpd process
on the frontend?

>     # lsof -i :7680 | wc -l
>     121

Are you sure that all of these connections are established? Could you also check
netstat -an | egrep ":7680.*ESTABLISHED"?

Regards

Rüdiger