httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.0.57 candidate
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:30:38 GMT
On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 10:21:18AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> I'm -1 due to the copyright notice changes.  A bunch of files
> magically added years to copyright notices (i.e. from -2004 to -2006)
> when those files didn't actually substantively change during that
> period.  That's a no-no.

We know that now, but those commits went through before it became so
clear that our previous practise was so wrong.

> Let's just add Jackrabbit's disclaimer and be done with the whole year
> thing forever.  The best thing of course would be to not have done
> anything at all (<g>); but that train left the station when all of
> those commits got made prematurely...

o.k., I think we can change the notice without a version bump too and
without erasing the existing votes, since it's a non-code change, but
we should probably have a clear vote on changing the notice, I'll start
one now :)