httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Seán C. Farley <sean-apa...@farley.org>
Subject Re: Intend to tag/roll 1.3.35
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:14:34 GMT
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Seán C. Farley wrote:
>>
>> It would be nice to pick up a patch[1] I wrote a long time ago for
>> the 1.3 series while working at IBM.  It adds persistant connection
>> support to mod_proxy.  Most of the code was taken from the 2.0
>> series.
>
> -0.5 here (not quite a veto but close).
>
> Apache 1.3 is effectively in maintainance.  I can't fathom how this
> would be a maintainance patch, it definately appears to be feature
> creep ;-)

Although it would be nice, I understand.  Since I have not followed the
2.[02] series, please check the comment I made about connection timeouts
to the origin server.  Look for "Only GET/HEAD requests are re-used" in
the patch.  Would this apply to 2.[02]?  There was some scenario that I
cannot recall--I have slept since then--that would cause 502's to be
sent to the client.

Seán
--
sean-apache@farley.org