httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Large file support in 2.0.56?
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:18:23 GMT
On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 02:40:13PM +0100, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:09:12AM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > On 4/15/06, Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@bfoz.net> wrote:
> > > I might have asked this before, but I've forgotten the answer, and so has google.
Has any of the large file goodness from 2.2.x made it into 2.0.x? Will it ever?

> > Different answer than you got before, but I think this is more accurate (Joe?):
> >
> > Turn on your OS's large file flags in CFLAGS
> >
> > make distclean && CFLAGS=-D_something ./configure

Specifically:

  CFLAGS="-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" ./configure

should work with recent 2.0.x releases, in limited circumstances, may
break with third-party modules, is not generally recommended, and when
it breaks you get to keep the pieces, etc.  In particular this does not
support >2Gb request bodies, which it sounds like Brandon wants; you
really do need 2.2.x for that.

> That works, but does need Joe's split patch;
>
> 	http://people.apache.org/~jorton/ap_splitlfs.diff

That patch is actually in 2.0.53 and later.

Regards,

joe