httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler MacDonald <ty...@yi.org>
Subject Protocol handlers: Change in connection processing from 2.0 to 2.2?
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:38:31 GMT
Hi all,

	I have a protocol handler that worked perfectly in apache 2.0.53,
but after upgrading to 2.2, something strange is happening. The protocol
handler processed gnudip2 TCP update requests for yi.org dynamic DNS.

	The GnuDIP2 protocol requires that a password "salt" be sent by the
server as soon as a connection is established. That was how it worked under
apache 2.0. However, it looks like the apache 2.2 server is waiting for a
line of input *before* it processes my connection. Once a line of input is
received from the client, my handler runs, prints its greeting message
(which should have printed right away) and reads the line of input.

	I've tried bumping the priority of my handler from APR_HOOK_MIDDLE
to APR_HOOK_FIRST, but that didn't do any good.

	Has anything changed in connection processing between apache 2.0 and
2.2 that I need to watch out for?

	Here's the line that registers the hook:

 ap_hook_process_connection(ap_process_gnudip2_connection,NULL,NULL, APR_HOOK_FIRST);

	(that was APR_HOOK_MIDDLE before, no difference)

	And here's the line that actually sends the text:

 ap_fprintf(conn->output_filters, tmp_bb, "%s\n", gnudip2_salt);

	I've attached mod_weedns.c and gnudip2_tcp.c from the source. Can
anybody help me solve this?

	Cheers,
		Tyler