httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rian A Hunter <r...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Re: It's that time of the year again
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:34:29 GMT
Quoting Ian Holsman <lists@holsman.net>:
> ideas so far (half joking):
> - mod_ircd
> - implementing a UDP protocol
> - a caching module implement CML (cache-meta-language)
> - a SEDA type MPM

http://www.kegel.com/c10k.html

I think a SoC project that profiles Apache (and finds out where we fall short)
so that we are able to compete with other lightweight HTTP servers popping up
these days would be a good endeavor for any CS student.

This seems to be more viable for our threaded MPMs. For the prefork
MPM, maybe a
goal for 10,000 connections might be impractical.

I haven't done any benchmarks myself, I've just read results so anyone correct
me if I'm wrong.

Rian