httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Davi Arnaut <d...@haxent.com.br>
Subject Re: svn commit: r393037 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/protocol.c
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:34:59 GMT
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:50:05 +0200
Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> On 04/10/2006 11:19 PM, Davi Arnaut wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:01:29 -0500

> >>+1.  However, the exact scenario is
>
> I also thought initially to fix this in apr-util, but right know I am not
> sure about it, because IMHO apr_uri_parse should do generic uri parsing.
> Setting an empty uri to "/" seems to be HTTP specific, so I am not sure
> if we should do this in apr_uri_parse. At least we would need to check
> whether the scheme is http or https.
>
> Regards
>
> RĂ¼diger

After reading RFC 2396 (Uniform Resource Identifiers), well I think it's
scheme dependent (<scheme-specific-part>), but I'm not 100% sure:

3. URI Syntactic Components

   The URI syntax is dependent upon the scheme.  In general, absolute
   URI are written as follows:

      <scheme>:<scheme-specific-part>

   An absolute URI contains the name of the scheme being used (<scheme>)
   followed by a colon (":") and then a string (the <scheme-specific-
   part>) whose interpretation depends on the scheme.

   each of which, except <scheme>, may be absent from a particular URI.
   For example, some URI schemes do not allow an <authority> component,
   and others do not use a <query> component.

Davi Arnaut