httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Davi Arnaut <d...@haxent.com.br>
Subject Re: svn commit: r393037 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/protocol.c
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:19:52 GMT
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:01:29 -0500
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> Nick Kew wrote:
> > On Monday 10 April 2006 20:59, rpluem@apache.org wrote:
> >

> >>* Prevent r->parsed_uri.path from being NULL as this can cause segmentation
> >>  faults e.g. in mod_cache. Set it to "/" in this case.
> >

> > A better fix to that would surely be for apr_uri to guarantee
> > setting path to non-null on parsing a URI.  That way it gets set
> > exactly when a URI is parsed.
>
> +1.  However, the exact scenario is
>
> GET http://somehost.example.com HTTP/1.1
>
> is this even legal?  If so, what does 2616 have to say about it?  If it says
> to promote this to a http://somehost.example.com (based on scheme http/https)
> then it doesn't hurt to do so.  This gets around the issue of caching
> three copies, one of http://somehost.example.com, http://somehost.example.com/
> and http://somehost.example.com/index.html
>
> Bill

3.2.2 http URL

   The "http" scheme is used to locate network resources via the HTTP
   protocol. This section defines the scheme-specific syntax and
   semantics for http URLs.

   http_URL = "http:" "//" host [ ":" port ] [ abs_path [ "?" query ]]

   If the abs_path is not present in the URL, it MUST be given as "/" when
   used as a Request-URI for a resource (section 5.1.2).

3.2.3 URI Comparison

   ..
           - An empty abs_path is equivalent to an abs_path of "/".
   ..

It is legal. And Nick is right, that should be fixed in apr_uri. I will
send a patch tomorrow.

Davi Arnaut