httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: When did this break?
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 07:53:24 GMT
On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 03:23:11PM -0600, William Rowe wrote:
> It seems this can be trivially solved by ensuring we defer this test until
> after we invoke the sub-configure of apr and apr-util.

The "sufficient version" test is currently only used if the
sub-configure of ap[ru] is *not* invoked - when $apr_found is "yes", not
"reconfig".

"--with-apr=srclib/apr" actually treats the bundled sources like any
"external" copy of APR, so must be already-configured at the time the
httpd configure is run, AFAIK.  If that's not happened, the apX-N-config
file would not be found, so configure should fail earlier.

What's really needed here is a "--with-included-apr"-type flag which
forces use of the bundled sources over installed versions, rather than
trying to overload --with-apr to do that.

joe

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >./configure --with-apr=srclib/apr
> >
> >configure:5784: checking for APR version 1.2.0 or later
> >conftest.c:20:25: apr_version.h: No such file or directory
> >configure:5812: result: no
> >configure:5818: error: APR version 1.2.0 or later is required
> >
> >This test is bogus because apr_version includes apr.h and that doesn't
> >exist in a source-build tree.  Why not test the file with awk?
> >
> >Bill
> >
> >.

joe