httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Custom Listen statement in perl-framework (Was: Re: [VOTE] 2.2.2 Candidate)
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:23:07 GMT

On Apr 23, 2006, at 9:37 AM, Paul Querna wrote:

> Sander Temme wrote:
>> FreeBSD bagheera.sandla.org. 6.1-RC FreeBSD 6.1-RC #3: Fri Apr 21
>> 08:35:33 PDT 2006     sctemme@bagheera.sandla.org.:/usr/obj/usr/
>> src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>> Testsuite currently unusable, hangs on:
>> t/protocol/nntp-like........ok 1/10
>> This seems to be a local issue. Anyone else seeing this happen on
>> FreeBSD? No crashes on minotaur which is also FreeBSD. I will
>> advise when the 72 hour window is up.
>
> AFAIK, This test fails on all FreeBSD machines.
>
> Adding the following to the config file for this test should fix it:
> AcceptFilter nntp none
> Listen 119 nntp
> (Or whatever port it is running on)

Actually, the port is determined on the fly by the testsuite, all the
configuration language available in the mod_nntp_like.c file is the
following:

#if CONFIG_FOR_HTTPD_TEST

<VirtualHost mod_nntp_like>
     NNTPLike On
</VirtualHost>

<IfModule @ssl_module@>
     <VirtualHost mod_nntp_like_ssl>
         NNTPLike On
         SSLEngine On
     </VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

#endif

The slightly perverted VirtualHost statement seems to be converted by
the testsuite into a combination of:

Listen 0.0.0.0:8530
<VirtualHost _default_:8530>
     ServerName localhost.localdomain:8530
     NNTPLike On
</VirtualHost>

So my question, especially to the perl-framework gurus, is how do I
add a custom configuration option to that Listen statement?

Thanks,

S.