httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <>
Subject Re: Joint Release of all branches
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:33:36 GMT

On Apr 24, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On 4/24/06, Colm MacCarthaigh <> wrote:
>> Tbh, I'm -0.5 on this. It's complex enough as it is trying to get
>> releases out, and 1.3 hasn't even tagged yet.
> My concern is that issuing three announcements in the span of one week
> is *very* confusing to our users.  Either 2.0 and 1.3 get bundled with
> the 2.2 announcement, or we shouldn't announce those releases at all.

How about, we lead with 2.2.2, and note in the announcement that 2.0
and 1.3 releases should be available later this week. This goes out
to the Slashdots etc. of this world. When 2.0 and 1.3 are ready, we
can update the website but not send out a release announcement.

>>> For 2.0, we probably should re-roll 2.0.58 with the copyright
>>> statement reversion and take a new vote
>> -1, there's been enough back and forth on this. The current status is
>> that the existing candidate is good for release unless people start
>> reverting their +1's, which so far - has not happened.
> As I have stated before, I believe it's completely inappropriate for
> us to be releasing files with bogus copyright years.  We have been
> explicitly informed by ASF officers and counsel that placing incorrect
> copyright years on files is something that we should not be doing.   I
> really don't know how much clearer this issue can be.  -- justin

I will revert my vote so we can have a re-roll. Re-rolling today
should allow us to release 1.3 and 2.0 concurrently, at least.