httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VIS <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject RE: [Patch] Backend reverse-proxy https connections
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:29:00 GMT

Hm, I checked it a while ago back and ssl to backend servers worked. The only
thing that does not work right now is to keep these connections persistent
(see http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=379237&view=rev and
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200602.mbox/%3c20060220094341.GA6155@redhat.com%3e

> The attached patch should be correct to sync this up to mod_ftp and my
> proposed mod_echo behavior.  Comments?

If I do not remember myself correctly above and your patch is needed I would propose
to add it to the end of ap_proxy_connection_create as I think that we should not
do this in the protocol specific module mod_proxy_http. We already handle parts
of the ssl decision in ap_proxy_connection.

Regards

Rüdiger