httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VIS <>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_ajp - The purpose of FLUSHING_BANDAID
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:42:03 GMT

Actually we do not do this. The original code did this which lead to a problem,
but this was fixed in 2.1.9. See PR37100 for the gory details
BTW: After a quick review of this PR I noticed that we already had some discussion
about flushing there :-).
What we do is that we send the data up the chain *after each* SEND_BODY_CHUNK.
So the we only do the buffering that is done by the core output filter (max 8KB?)
if do not send a flush bucket.
As we recycle the AJP msg struct and work with transient buffers the memory usage
should be fairly constant.

View raw message