httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <l...@firehawksystems.com>
Subject Re: mod_dbd crash
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:59:14 GMT

On Mar 17, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Friday 17 March 2006 16:03, Brian J. France wrote:
>> Here is a patch to mod_dbd.c and mod_authn_dbd.c (not sure if
>> anything else uses that function) that returns a status code:
>>
>>    http://www.brianfrance.com/software/apache/2006.03.17.diff
>
> Thanks.  This patch is a change to the API/ABI, but since it's just a
> void --> apr_status_t return value, it won't break anything.

Please tweak the patch as needed, this was just a 5 min hack to show
what I was thinking.  Paul pointed out on IRC it should return an
defined error instead of -1, so may be apr_status_t isn't the best fix.

> Not sure if that's allowed within 2.2.x.

In that case may be add some code to print an error and then abort,
since it is going to crash anyways.

Brian