httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_ajp - The purpose of FLUSHING_BANDAID
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:43:11 GMT
On 3/7/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> I would suggest that the "bandaid" code no longer be
> compile time but rather runtime, using a
> "force-flush=true" param to the AJP worker.

I'd prefer that we not defer this decision to the users - we should
either enable it or don't.  But, most admins won't have enough
knowledge to know when to force flushing or not.

> I agree that the current default may be right for
> some, but majorly bad for others :) :)

Without FLUSHING_BANDAID, httpd will queue up the data when Tomcat
doesn't plan on writing any more.  That's bad.

Unless/until AJP has a protocol revision, I think the code should stay
and be enabled by default.  The only 'right' fix is to correct the
buggy underlying protocol.  -- justin