httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Config Bug in proxy_balancer?
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:12:33 GMT

On 03/22/2006 06:32 PM, Akins, Brian wrote:

> Looks like it may be in add_pass where it calls ap_proxy_get_balancer:
>
>  if (strncasecmp(r, "balancer:", 9) == 0) {
>         proxy_balancer *balancer = ap_proxy_get_balancer(cmd->pool, conf,
> r);
>         if (!balancer) {
>             const char *err = ap_proxy_add_balancer(&balancer,
>                                                     cmd->pool,
>                                                     conf, r);
>             if (err)
>                 return apr_pstrcat(cmd->temp_pool, "ProxyPass ", err, NULL);
>         }
>
> get_balancer looks to return Null. So conf is somehow not merged correctly?

I am not an expert on these configuration things, but is it possible that the
config will be merged *after* add_pass had been run?

    proxy_server_conf *conf =
    (proxy_server_conf *) ap_get_module_config(s->module_config, &proxy_module);

a few lines up seems to get the configuration for this virtual host, but I guess
it does not contain the balancer definitions made in the main server at this point of
time.

Regards

RĂ¼diger