httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Module Design Question
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:45:14 GMT
Joachim Zobel wrote:

> I am thinking about the design of a module that executes SQL queries
> (with a bit of XML to tell it what the binds, fields and params are) and
> outputs database content as XML.

I have had a similar module for LDAP as a concept for a while now, which
I plan to build once I have some time.

Have a look at the proxy framework for this - the idea is that you map a
webserver URL to a backend URL, such as this:

ProxyPass /database sql://machine:9000/database

The proxy framework gives you concepts such as load balancing and
connection pooling, which could mean less for you to worry about.

Regards,
Graham