httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "pradeep kumar" <pradeep.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Restart with Multiple Listen directive crashes httpd
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:23:31 GMT
Hi,

Using 2.0.55 I noticed httpd crashing when a Listen directive is commented
out with a restart. This is what I did. I took the standard configuration of
httpd.conf and added another Listen directive with the IP adress of the
machine.
#diff httpd.conf httpd-std.conf
155d154
< Listen 16.41.227.148:80

Then started Apache. Later, on commenting out this Listen directive only and
issuing a restart ( a stop and start does not cause any problem) I noticed
that the child processes crashed. I also noticed the CPU utilization hitting
100%. Once the child process crashes a new child process comes up which
subsequently crashes later.

I tried 2.0.54 and this also causes the child process to crash, however the
CPU utilization does not hit 100% but is much higher than normal.

I am using HP-UX.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Pradeep