httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rian A Hunter <r...@MIT.EDU>
Subject APR resolver?
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 03:46:28 GMT
While implementing the message bounce in mod_smtpd I ran into a snag. I need to
get mx records for host names!! There seems to be no portable DNS resolver
library/interface. For UNIX there is at least res_search() and dn_expand()
except on BSD this is in the standard library and in linux you need -lresolv.

I know there is apr_sockaddr_info_get but this doesn't handle getting mx records
(or other DNS record types). Should a "resolver" API be added to APR. Actually I
think yes and I think I'm going to implement this. Any objections?

Rian