httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: AW: Config Bug in proxy_balancer?
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:02:01 GMT
Brian Akins wrote:
> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>   When each Vhost is merged, they
> > grab a "copy" of the main server's balancer config setup.
> > So you have 2 balancers, one of which isn't used at
> > all (the main server's) and one that is.
> >
> my very silly global_balancers patch "fixes" that.

Yes, making them all global avoids that, but has the nasty
side-effect, as mentioned, that balancers defined in one Vhost
leak into others... Looking into ways of better handling the
inheritance, but anyone have serious comments about committing
the patch and working from there?

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]