httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: mod_dbd and multiple database connections
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:57:16 GMT
Quoting Bojan Smojver <bojan@rexursive.com>:

> Nice. If I were to work on the patches along those lines, is there a
> starting point maybe? An initial set of uncommitted patches? API
> suggestions?

OK, I'll have stab then. Here is what I had in mind:

- all AP_INIT_TAKE1 become AP_INIT_TAKE2, all AP_INIT_TAKE2 become
AP_INIT_TAKE3, with the first parameter being the alias for that
particular connection; for instance:

DBDParams alias param1=value1[,param2=value2]
DBDMin    alias number

ans so on

- every ap_get_module_config/ap_set_module_config fetches/stores a hash
that has aliases as keys and pointers to svr_cfg pointers as values

- API calls get another argument, probably at the end, in the form of
const char *, which is the database alias we want the connection from

The code of mod_dbd obviously gets adjusted accordingly. Let me know
what you think...

--
Bojan