httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject mod_dbd and multiple database connections
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:48:45 GMT
I'm trying to figure out how mod_dbd works and from what I can see, it
enables:

- connection pool configured inside VH (and above) only
- one connection string (i.e. DBDParams) per VH

If the above is correct, wouldn't it be better if it allowed "named"
connections, so that module writers can keep simultaneous connections
(i.e. identified by some kind of alias or even connection string)
opened to many databases?

It would also be handy if connections could be configured per
directory/location. It would enable module writers to have a notion of
different "applications" for different URIs inside the virtual host,
with completely different set of database connections they can use.

Or maybe I misunderstood how this works...

--
Bojan