httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Saju Pillai" <saju.pil...@gmail.com>
Subject Event MPM accept() handling
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:45:00 GMT
Greetings,

(On httpd-trunk event-mpm event.c)

 I can understand why serializing apr_pollset_poll() & accept() for the
listener threads doesn't make sense in the event-mpm. A quick look through
the code leaves me confused about the following ...

 It looks like all the listener threads epoll() simultaenously on the
listener sockets + their private set of sockets added to the pollset by
workers. Will apr_pollset_poll() return "success" to each listener if a new
connection arrives on a main listener socket ? If so won't each listener
attempt to accept() the new connection ?

How is this prevented from happening in the event mpm ?

regards
srp