httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Zobel <jzo...@heute-morgen.de>
Subject Module Design Question
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:59:50 GMT
Hi.

I am thinking about the design of a module that executes SQL queries
(with a bit of XML to tell it what the binds, fields and params are) and
outputs database content as XML. The problem is that I want two things
and it seems pretty hard to get both.

1. I want the module to act as an output filter so that I can put a
query builder in front of it.

2. I want the module to have a way to update_mtime with a value that is
read from the database.

It seems it is not possible to manipulate headers from a resource
filter. What the module does does however look like a resource filters
task. Is there a way to get what I want or are my requirements somehow
"bad"?

Thx,
Joachim